An Introduction to Factoring Invoices

By: Chris Lanchech

Factoring invoices is one of the things any business will need to continue operations and growth despite seeing financial instability caused by slow overturns and residual returns. It can be very difficult for your business to progress while you are still waiting for your clients to pay. Wouldn’t it be great if all your clients could pay you immediately? That might seem impossible but with factoring you can make it happen.

 

What is Factoring?

Factoring, also referred by some as invoice discounting, works much like a regular loan except in this case you are considering your invoice or accounts receivable as the ledger. The factoring company will consider your invoice and upon reaching an agreement will lend you the amount that you will be paid by your clients. Consider the example below:

An IT company was requested by a marketing company to develop a dynamic website and overall the payment was to be for $150,000. The IT company, needing resources to start with, factors the invoice with a factoring company. They lend the IT Company 80% of the accounts receivable (in this case it will be $120,000). They will only give the remaining 20% when the client pays the IT Company. The $150,000 that the IT company receives will then be paid to the factoring company, less the fees that the company will have to pay, such as interest fees and administration fees.

Is It Beneficial to You?

Every small or growing business requires liquid cash if they desire to move forward. A business cannot rely solely on their own minimal funds while working towards their accounts receivable, lest they fall into stale debt.

First of all, one has to consider the fact that factoring invoices yield more immediate cash. Most factoring companies lend up to 80% up-front. Banks will usually only agree to give you 50-60%. This means that you can get more resources to get cash flow back in order.

 

Secure Your Business’s Finances

You might be wondering about the likelihood that your client turns bad and does not fulfill the agreement and your invoice is left unpaid. In this case most companies have insurance offer that remedies the problem. They will still give you the full amount of the loan and they will be the ones to chase after the client to get the payment owed.

 

If you are still starting with your business or if you are in need of steady cash flow to finance your company’s expansion then factoring or invoice discounting may be your best solution yet. The process yields higher immediate cash-payback than what banks offer and you can get approved in 3-5 business days.

Processing fees, interest rates, and miscellaneous fees are much lower than what you’d expect and you can even avail of insurance to protect you in case your client defaults on the payment. Getting your cash flow in a steady rate is crucial for your business’ growth and factoring invoices is a much better, faster, and efficient means of achieving this.

Published by

Chris Lanchech

Hi everyone, my name is Chris and I am a junior analyst at Neebo Capital and an inspiring blogger. We enjoy speaking with business owners and entrepreneurs who come to Neebo Capital looking for cash flow solutions. Give us a call toll free at 1-888-382-3766 or Visit us online at www.neebocapital.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *